WHAT IS IT?
La Corsa di Alcide is a classic regularity race in free instrumentation for historic cars from before 1971 and open to Italian and foreign teams: this year is under ACI-Sport, and infact it is part of the homonymous national calendar.
The event, which is based in the town of Poggibonsi in a strategic position of the Chianti region, has always been attended by the most famous top drivers of regularity races, and by foreign crews that have particularly appreciated the natural beauty of Tuscany, as well as the charming villages and towns that we run across.
Despite its evident sporting character, La Corsa is a real event, with excellent restaurants, pleasing reception, great friendliness and special moments dedicated to sociality where you can live the true and healthy traditions of Tuscany.
The numbers of the Race
– 600 Kilometers covered during the two days of the competition, in territories of excellence
– 102 Timing trials: challenging and attractive, built to pull out all the skill of the crews
– 6 Time controls accompanied by great quality culinary stops
– 22 Checks to stamp special location where history and culture of the places they can give strong emotions
– 11 Chained Timing trials to 1/1000 of the Trophy B.Macchi that will give the winner 91 bottles of wine selected from the best Italian productions
– 11 great ability and timing trials of the Grand Prix of Chianti played on the best tracks of the Chianti region
– 102 timing trials to win the MG Dark Cup exclusively for crews with cars of the historic English brand MG
– 4 road sections of white streets of Heroic Route, panoramas and landscapes that represent the quintessence of Tuscany
– one thousand prizes and awards for winners and participants
The route winds through the most beautiful landscapes of Tuscany and in the cities and towns that have shaped the history of this beautiful Region that has one thousand ways, all of which super charming:
– Argentario with its cliffs and the bluest waters of the Tyrrhenian Sea.
– La Maremma, the hard Tuscan plain rich in tradition and wild scents of the Mediterranean forest
-The Val d’Orcia, world heritage recognized by UNESCO for its excellent state of preservation of the landscape and cityscape.
-The Crete Senesi, the famous green desert whose landscape is characterized by barren hills and gently rolling, oak and cypress lonely, isolated farms on top of hills, stretches of forest in the valleys.
-The Chianti, the small mountain range on the border between Siena and Florence, wine production area of excellence and famous for its unique landscape, characterized by rolling green hills, vast expanses of vineyards and olive groves, small villages, churches and houses features farmhouses in stone.
We will enter just in the heart of the villages and the most beautiful cities:
San Gimignano, the medieval town with one-hundred towers, which has maintained its medieval architecture and gained for this the title of UNESCO World Heritage.
Monteriggioni, turreted castle named in the Divine Comedy by Dante Alighieri.
Grosseto, the sunny capital of the Maremma region, with its old town, rich in monuments and historic buildings, surrounded by imposing walls.
Conviviality and services
The defining moment will be the Dinner in the Square on Friday made by the chefs of the Alcide Group, in a very friendly and sociable atmosphere, with the outline of the most beautiful car.
Restaurants on the path of great quality and refreshment stops according with the most authentic Tuscan tradition.
Final tasty buffet in the Hotel Alcide Gardenia dining room.
For the pleasure and tranquility of all the participants, the following services will be guaranteed:
-Technical-Mechanics Assistance: guaranteed by a support vehicle following the race. Garages available on the path.
-Tow Truck: follows the race with other features available on the route.
-Supervision car: there will be a security service for the historic cars both at night and during the moments of stopping for lunch and dinner.
-Timekeeping: real time on-line publication of the results of the trials timing.